Monday, February 22, 2010

Car Service Sheets Car Dealership Says I Need To Replace Parts That I Found Are Fine, What To Do?

Car dealership says I need to replace parts that I found are fine, what to do? - car service sheets

I took my car to my dealer for an oil change. After he had finished and I paid, the person at the counter gave me an impression of automotive technicians who checked the car for oil changes.

The press sheet says my belt was cracked and rotting. Estimate $ 170 for parts and labor.

Now I am very ignorant about cars and their parts, but I was smart and had my friend who is an independent mechanic look at it. He opened the hood and be directed into the light and asked me to come. "All belts are fine. Appearance. All were in good condition. There were found no evidence for them, broken or rotting.

Therefore, I suspect that my dealer is cheating to beat me, telling me that I, the parties and mustService, if I did not. What can I do? Who knows what happened, or is not replaced to be the need.

Take care I do not know whether the police (they call?) Or call customer service for online businesses complain, so what? The identification number of cars will be printed. First someone has to verify that the group was ok, then I would put a microphone and a hidden camera, go ahead and ask them to check again. So I'm caught in a lie. I think that be enough to continue would be?

No comments:

Post a Comment